Skip to content

New Yahoo Mail

Welcome to the new Yahoo Mail Desktop experience! This is a place for you to help shape the redesign. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

COME HERE FOR THE LATEST UPDATES.

WHAT'S NEW?
Drag and drop messages to folders - Just click and hold on an email message, then drag and drop that message into a different folder. 

WHAT'S NEXT?
Dark Mode - changing your screen from dark to light, light to dark is coming soon!

Please feel free to email us instead if you're experiencing any issues or would like to provide helpful feedback: [email protected]

***Please do NOT post about Account, Password, or Login Issues here. It will be deleted. Please go to help.yahoo.com.

Thank you! 💜

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4 results found

1. Right Side Panel

There should be a way to remove the contact box on the right. This feature is useful when two windows (one is yahoomail) are displayed side-by-side. During these situations, window real estate is valuable.

4th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A few usability suggestions

Great new design, I like it. There are a few things that I think could be improved:

1. Ads look the same as new emails so its hard to see how many emails you haven't checked - good for ads click through, not so great for user experience.

2. The inbox icon doesn't show the number of unread emails which is a bit odd.

3. The inbox default to Priority not All even if you haven't set the priority emails.

9th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Moveable folder display

Have the ability to move folders (i.e. SPAM) to the left side folder display so it shows up next to the Inbox, if desired.

11th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Replies to emails do not show in the inbox

In the old version, if I replied to an email my reply would show up as the message preview.

It no longer does that, so at a glance I cannot see if I replied to an email or not until I open it

Please fix

13th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

New Yahoo Mail