Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
BitesWhenProvoked
Lurker
Liked: never

Inconsistent installation state (07345254)

Post by BitesWhenProvoked »

Hi,

I'm in the process of upgrading to 12.1 and have run into a bit of an issue insofar that the existing install appears to be inconsistent and an amalgamation of 12.1 (presumably because of the failed install), 10.0.2 and 9.5.0

Veeam One : 12.1.0.3208
Veeam One Agent :10.0.2.1094
Veeam Report Viewer : 9.5.0.3210

Whenever I try to install or uninstall, either from add remove programs, msiexec, or the wizard, I get prompted for installation media, presumably for either 9 or 10, however neither of these seem to be publicly available anymore. I think part of the issue might be that one of the previous installs/upgrades, appears to have happened

are there any uninstall methods or scripts that will allow me to get back onto an even keel?

I believe a colleague has logged this under 07345254 looking for the media.

thanks in advance.
david.domask
Veeam Software
Liked: 435 times

Re: Inconsistent installation state (07345254)

Post by david.domask »

Hi BitesWhenProvoked, welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear about the troubles with the upgrade process; the uninstallation issue you're describing is also not expected, and from experience may indicate that a "cleaning utility" was used (e.g., CCleaner). Windows uninstaller should keep the necessary MSIs around for uninstallations, but many cleaning tools (imo) erroneously clean them which can lead to issues like this); if possible, please check and note on the case if such tools are installed/used on the server.

However, I think it's best to let Veeam Support review the situation first. The case was only opened a bit ago this afternoon, so allow Support a bit of time to review the situation and advise further.
David Domask | Product Management: Principal Analyst