Old Permission - 2 Hammered & ROMAN SILVER...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cru'dad suggested this field which we had scouted last week. I wasn't very keen but I had no better suggestions & the field was in a nice cultivated flat condition with only low lying weeds. I thought we may get 1 hammered if lucky.
We have never had a Roman silver from here until today, so it was a bolt out of the blue on my 3rd run.
We managed 3hrs 45mins today;

5 Scrappies
Cufflinks (I had 1 & Cru'dad got the matching pair)
Crotal Bell
Medieval Strap-end
Bit of a Medieval Dagger Chape
1.5 Lead Tokens
17th C Token
Jetton
Civil War Era Lead Powder Flask Lid
Commonweath Hammered Penny
Henry III Hammered Penny

Philip I AD247 Silver Ant.

A much better day than I expect for a field with no Sites on it & not a great back history of finds...

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG

Upvote 21
Nice! Sometimes all it takes is a good deep plow to bring stuff up into range.

Well done Cru on the recoveries.
The silvers are in fine shape.

Query: How far apart were the cufflinks?

Sometimes the best sites are those unknown because of that very reason. Lost to time.

More nice finds from you and |Dad, Cru! Thanks for sharing you many finds and congratulations.

Cru'dad suggested this field which we had scouted last week. I wasn't very keen but I had no better suggestions & the field was in a nice cultivated flat condition with only low lying weeds. I thought we may get 1 hammered if lucky.
We have never had a Roman silver from here until today, so it was a bolt out of the blue on my 3rd run.
We managed 3hrs 45mins today;

5 Scrappies
Cufflinks (I had 1 & Cru'dad got the matching pair)
Crotal Bell
Medieval Strap-end
Bit of a Medieval Dagger Chape
1.5 Lead Tokens
17th C Token
Jetton
Civil War Era Lead Powder Flask Lid
Commonweath Hammered Penny
Henry III Hammered Penny

Philip I AD247 Silver Ant.

A much better day than I expect for a field with no Sites on it & not a great back history of finds...

View attachment 2158659View attachment 2158660View attachment 2158661View attachment 2158662View attachment 2158663View attachment 2158664View attachment 2158665View attachment 2158666View attachment 2158667
Outstanding!!! Congrats!!!

UPDATE:

Cru'dad has checked the old Records for this field & I was wrong about there being no roman Silver. We had 1 broken one that I had forgotten about in 2013.

The Philip I Roman Silver is the first of this Emperor. (we have had some bronzes of him)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back