Classic Rock Rules!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 1973 I went to work for a phone company installing their telecommunications equipment to local cities then installing it for the local city. I was on the road for 15 yrs traveling all over the country.

In 70s had a custom 76 Chevy van I personally customized to travel in, then in 80s I had fully dealer custom 82 Staracraft custom chevy van.

This song was sorta an anthem, at least when I was single. 😁 played it a lot, saw REO Live 5 or 6 times when Gary Richraft was still with REO.

Another great clasdic rock song from the period, I have been on long and lonesome highway east of Omaha on many a road trip in the 70s and 80s. Traveling between different jobs in cities in Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, Missouri, Kansas, North Dakota and Illinois.

In 1973 I went to work for a phone company installing their telecommunications equipment to local cities then installing it for the local city. I was on the road for 15 yrs traveling all over the country.

In 70s had a custom 76 Chevy van I personally customized to travel in, then in 80s I had fully dealer custom 82 Staracraft custom chevy van.

This song was sorta an anthem, at least when I was single. 😁 played it a lot, saw REO Live 5 or 6 times when Gary Richraft was still with REO.

Chevy van only means one song

Here is my 76 chevy van that I customized.

4 ft wide bed behind burnt pine archway, wall covered in Z-Brick on both sides of wall, 4" button-tuck mattress covered in sheepskins, cab including all door panels, dash cap completely finished in red western cedar including an overhead T-console holding stereo system, CB radio and all switches for the interior lights and there were about 6 sets of lights. All door panels and dash cap was trimmed in hemp rope too.

Van was equipped with Coleman heater for those cold night smoke breaks in bar parking lots.

1000008324.jpg

2943.jpg

1000008325.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful parrot too
Thanks, he is a 17 year old Yellow Nape Amazon named lucky, I have had him since he was 6.

We also have an Eclectus Parrot, a Vos Marie.

Ruby is 21 year old Vos Marie Eclectus, the largest sub species of Eclectus parrots. She is 21, had her since she was 3 months old.

20190813_153644.ruby.jpg

FB_IMG_1701569284819.jpg

They must be long lived
Yes, with proper care the average life span for both are 60-65 years, they are both still pretty young and in good health.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back