Sep 9, 2016
NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Forum,

I found this buckle tonight, but I’m not sure what I’ve found. Initially I thought maybe it was a war of 1812 buckle. Now after some light cleaning I’m not so sure. Any help to ID this would be really helpful. Thanks for looking!

IMG_0252.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0254.jpeg
    IMG_0254.jpeg
    208.5 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0255.jpeg
    IMG_0255.jpeg
    225.6 KB · Views: 64
Upvote 20
Could this be Polish? Maybe to help US beat the British?

Hello Forum,

It appears that this buckle is Polish. It is possible that it dates from 1569 - 1795.

If in fact true, it’s from the first Polish Republic. Thanks again for looking!

Last edited:
Hello Forum,

I’m very excited to say that I learned yesterday that this buckle is from the revolutionary war! The buckle is from a Polish soldier associated with Pulaski’s Legion. They fought with the US to defeat the British. There were 268 of them. The best part is that this buckle is probably the only one known in the USA that can be associated with the Puławski Legion. Or even in the world. I’m still doing research. Thanks for looking!
IMG_0260.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0261.jpeg
    IMG_0261.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0262.jpeg
    IMG_0262.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 14
Hello Forum,

I’m very excited to say that I learned yesterday that this buckle is from the revolutionary war! The buckle is from a Polish soldier associated with Pulaski’s Legion. They fought with the US to defeat the British. There were 268 of them. The best part is that this buckle is probably the only one known in the USA that can be associated with the Puławski Legion. Or even in the world. I’m still doing research. Thanks for looking!View attachment 2159707
wow

Hello Forum,

I found this buckle tonight, but I’m not sure what I’ve found. Initially I thought maybe it was a war of 1812 buckle. Now after some light cleaning I’m not so sure. Any help to ID this would be really helpful. Thanks for looking!

View attachment 2159372
such a remarkable save and in great condition. well done and big time gratz!

Hello Forum,

View attachment 2159372
Hello Forum,

View attachment 2159372
I have no clue as to what time period to think it comes from But you don't need me to realize how cool it is I would be dancing in the street to find some thing like that I have found numerous brass buckles that are part of horse harness And as plain as they are I always get excited on finding one Yours is certainly in a different class Good luck with figuring out what it is

Last edited:
Here it is in a protective box frame! I’ve been offered a decent amount for it, but I can’t even think about selling it.
IMG_0269.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks! After communicating with a collector of military items in Poland here are his words. "Your buckle is probably the only one known in the USA that can be associated with the Pulaski Legion. Or even in the world".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back