Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Darvin Returns

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,920

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Darvin Returns 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Tue May 28, 2024 2:39 pm

Draft is just 4 weeks from tomorrow. Round 1 anyway. It's now a 2 night thing :roll:
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36,537

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#2 » by ReasonablySober » Tue May 28, 2024 2:47 pm

I think they should trade Giannis.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 2,074

Post#3 » by fansinceforever » Tue May 28, 2024 3:12 pm

Responding to Emunney from previous thread:

I'm confident in Horst's ability to construct and execute trades but his record finding value on the margins (udfa, two-way, draft, minimum guys) is pretty lacking. It's not easy to do but our situation has required him to get a little lucky and he hasn't.

It would be nice to bring in another voice to our front office but I don't think Horst should be canned.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by MickeyDavis » Tue May 28, 2024 3:16 pm

fansinceforever wrote:Responding to Emunney from previous thread:

I'm confident in Horst's ability to construct and execute trades but his record finding value on the margins (udfa, two-way, draft, minimum guys) is pretty lacking. It's not easy to do but our situation has required him to get a little lucky and he hasn't.

It would be nice to bring in another voice to our front office but I don't think Horst should be canned.

That "other voice" is now Doc.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 15,199

Post#5 » by JayMKE » Tue May 28, 2024 4:09 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Draft is just 4 weeks from tomorrow. Round 1 anyway. It's now a 2 night thing :roll:

2 nights? Wtf why? **** ESPN ugh
FREE GIANNIS
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,951

Post#6 » by Bernman » Tue May 28, 2024 4:43 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:

Not saying you're asserting this, but is there evidence he can evaluate talent? He doesn't really do it w/ his p.t. allocation. The rotations were possibly the worst I've seen from a coach, in part due due to his over-playing of names from yesteryear.

Even if another real voice was brought in, would Horst be honest about his faults and defer, or stubbornly keep trying to prove he has this capability? We have over 7 years of data.

TBH, I don't feel great about the Bucks addressing their issues, w/ Horst's lack of talent evaluation, team-building, & future planning. The optimism is predominantly surrounding the projected big 3 strength, for 1-2 more yrs.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,953

Post#7 » by emunney » Tue May 28, 2024 4:54 pm

AJ Green is a good player and Dre will be a good player. I was far more open to the "we are failing on the margins" argument a year ago, before we had drafted Dre and before it was clear that Green should be playing. I feel pretty good about getting value from these picks, either from the draft or from a trade.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#8 » by MickeyDavis » Tue May 28, 2024 5:02 pm

Bernman wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

Not saying you're asserting this, but is there evidence he can evaluate talent? He doesn't really do it w/ his p.t. allocation. The rotations were possibly the worst I've seen from a coach, in part due due to his over-playing of names from yesteryear.

Even if another real voice was brought in, would Horst be honest about his faults and defer, or stubbornly keep trying to prove he has this capability? We have over 7 years of data.

TBH, I don't feel great about the Bucks addressing their issues, w/ Horst's lack of talent evaluation, team-building, & future planning. The optimism is predominantly surrounding the projected big 3 strength, for 1-2 more yrs.

I have no clue if Doc can evaluate talent. I just can't imagine he's completely hands off in that regard. I would guess he's involved in draft analysis and roster construction to some degree.

I'm curious as to the front office dynamic. We have a large scouting department (as does every team) and I'm sure he is in deep meetings with them up to the draft. But as far as roster construction (trades and FA signings) I have no idea who's at the table for those discussions with Horst.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 2,074

Post#9 » by fansinceforever » Tue May 28, 2024 8:42 pm

BUCKnation wrote:Idk, I know we didn't have great success last year, but Horst is definitely one of the best GMs at finding low value guys. Half our team is built on these guys (Brook, Bobby, Pat C/Bev, Malik). I won't defend his drafting too much, although he hasn't really had many opportunities and I'm still a Marjon believer, at least for next year.

My statement is mostly about 2020- now.

AJ Green is probably the best they've done. I was early on him so I'm glad everyone's come around. It's fair to have confidence in AJJ but I'm tapping the breaks for now.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 29,027

Post#10 » by SupremeHustle » Tue May 28, 2024 9:14 pm

These are the trades that Horst has made. There's nothing here that makes me believe in him as a guy who will win a trade. That Jae Crowder trade is a friggin disaster. That's worse than the Donte trade. I can't knock the PJ trade. It did what it needed to do. Everything else is meh at best.

--

December 7, 2018: As part of a 3-team trade, the Milwaukee Bucks traded Matthew Dellavedova, John Henson, a 2021 2nd round draft pick (Sandro Mamukelashvili was later selected) and a 2022 1st round draft pick (MarJon Beauchamp was later selected) to the Cleveland Cavaliers; the Cleveland Cavaliers traded George Hill and a 2021 2nd round draft pick (Greg Brown III was later selected) to the Milwaukee Bucks; the Cleveland Cavaliers traded Sam Dekker to the Washington Wizards; the Washington Wizards traded a 2022 2nd round draft pick (Bryce McGowens was later selected) to the Cleveland Cavaliers; and the Washington Wizards traded Jason Smith and cash to the Milwaukee Bucks. 2021 2nd-rd pick is WAS own, protections were removed from previously traded WAS 2020 2nd-rd pick Top-14 protected in 2021, conveyed in 2022 2021 2nd-rd pick is MIL own 2022 2nd-rd pick is WAS own

February 7, 2019: As part of a 3-team trade, the Milwaukee Bucks traded Jason Smith, a 2019 2nd round draft pick (Jordan Bone was later selected), a 2020 2nd round draft pick (Elijah Hughes was later selected), a 2020 2nd round draft pick (Sam Merrill was later selected) and a 2021 2nd round draft pick (Greg Brown III was later selected) to the New Orleans Pelicans; the Milwaukee Bucks traded Thon Maker to the Detroit Pistons; the Detroit Pistons traded Stanley Johnson to the New Orleans Pelicans; and the New Orleans Pelicans traded Nikola Mirotić to the Milwaukee Bucks. (Pick is DEN's 2019 second-round pick, top-55 protected.) (Pick is WAS's 2020 second-round pick.) 2021 2nd-rd pick is WAS own

June 20, 2019: Traded Kevin Porter Jr. and Tony Snell to the Detroit Pistons for Jon Leuer.

July 6, 2019: Traded Malcolm Brogdon to the Indiana Pacers for a 2020 1st round draft pick (R.J. Hampton was later selected), a 2022 2nd round draft pick (Max Christie was later selected) and a 2025 2nd round draft pick. Conditional 2021 2nd-rd pick is IND own, conveyed in 2022

November 18, 2020: Traded a 2025 2nd round draft pick to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Ilkan Karaman. 2025 2nd-rd pick is MIL's own

November 18, 2020: Traded a 2022 2nd round draft pick (Max Christie was later selected) and a 2026 2nd round draft pick to the Orlando Magic for a 2020 2nd round draft pick (Jordan Nwora was later selected). 2026 2nd-rd pick is MIL own 2022 2nd-rd pick is IND own and could have been either 2022, 2023, or 2024

November 23, 2020: As part of a 4-team trade, the Milwaukee Bucks traded George Hill to the Oklahoma City Thunder; the Milwaukee Bucks traded Eric Bledsoe, a 2024 1st round draft pick, a 2025 1st round draft pick, a 2026 1st round draft pick and a 2027 1st round draft pick to the New Orleans Pelicans; the Milwaukee Bucks traded R.J. Hampton to the Denver Nuggets; the Denver Nuggets traded a 2023 1st round draft pick (Nick Smith Jr. was later selected) to the Oklahoma City Thunder; the New Orleans Pelicans traded Jrue Holiday and Sam Merrill to the Milwaukee Bucks; the New Orleans Pelicans traded Zylan Cheatham, Joshia Gray, Darius Miller, Kenrich Williams, a 2023 2nd round draft pick (Hunter Tyson was later selected) and a 2024 2nd round draft pick to the Oklahoma City Thunder; and the Oklahoma City Thunder traded Steven Adams to the New Orleans Pelicans. New Orleans acquires right to swap 2024 1st-rd pick with Milwaukee 2025 1st-rd pick is MIL own New Orleans acquires right to swap 2026 1st-rd pick with Milwaukee 2027 1st-rd pick is MIL own 2023 top-14 protected 1st-rd pick was DEN own 2023 2nd-rd pick was WAS own 2024 2nd-rd pick is CHO own

March 18, 2021: Traded Torrey Craig to the Phoenix Suns for cash. Milwaukee also received a trade exception

March 19, 2021: Traded D.J. Augustin, D.J. Wilson, a 2021 1st round draft pick (Josh Christopher was later selected) and a 2023 1st round draft pick (Kobe Brown was later selected) to the Houston Rockets for Rodions Kurucs, P.J. Tucker, a 2021 2nd round draft pick (Isaiah Todd was later selected) and a 2022 1st round draft pick (MarJon Beauchamp was later selected). 2021 2nd-rd pick is HOU own Conditional 2022 1st-rd draft pick is MIL own and Milwaukee also receives a trade exception Conditional 2021 1st-rd pick is MIL own 2023 1st-rd pick was MIL own and Houston also receives a trade exception

July 30, 2021: Traded Isaiah Todd to the Indiana Pacers for Georgios Kalaitzakis, Sandro Mamukelashvili, a 2024 2nd round draft pick and a 2026 2nd round draft pick. 2024 2nd-rd pick is more favorable 2026 2nd-rd pick is more favorable

August 7, 2021: Traded Sam Merrill to the Memphis Grizzlies for Grayson Allen and cash. Memphis also received a trade exception Milwaukee also received a trade exception

February 10, 2022: As part of a 4-team trade, the Milwaukee Bucks traded Donte DiVincenzo to the Sacramento Kings; the Milwaukee Bucks traded Rodney Hood and Semi Ojeleye to the Los Angeles Clippers; the Detroit Pistons traded a 2023 2nd round draft pick (Isaiah Wong was later selected) and a 2024 2nd round draft pick to the Milwaukee Bucks; the Detroit Pistons traded Josh Jackson and Trey Lyles to the Sacramento Kings; the Los Angeles Clippers traded Serge Ibaka and cash to the Milwaukee Bucks; the Los Angeles Clippers traded David Michineau to the Sacramento Kings; the Sacramento Kings traded Marvin Bagley III to the Detroit Pistons; and the Sacramento Kings traded Vanja Marinkovic to the Los Angeles Clippers. 2024 2nd-rd pick is SAC own

February 9, 2023: As part of a 4-team trade, the Milwaukee Bucks traded George Hill, Serge Ibaka, Jordan Nwora, a 2023 2nd round draft pick (Isaiah Wong was later selected), a 2024 2nd round draft pick and a 2025 2nd round draft pick to the Indiana Pacers; the Milwaukee Bucks traded a 2028 2nd round draft pick and a 2029 2nd round draft pick to the Brooklyn Nets; the Brooklyn Nets traded cash to the Indiana Pacers; the Brooklyn Nets traded Kevin Durant and T.J. Warren to the Phoenix Suns; the Indiana Pacers traded Juan Vaulet to the Brooklyn Nets; the Phoenix Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cameron Johnson, a 2023 1st round draft pick (Noah Clowney was later selected), a 2025 1st round draft pick, a 2027 1st round draft pick, a 2028 1st round draft pick and a 2029 1st round draft pick to the Brooklyn Nets; and the Phoenix Suns traded Jae Crowder to the Milwaukee Bucks. 2023 2nd-rd pick was CLE own 2024 2nd-rd pick is MIL own 2025 2nd-rd pick is IND own Brooklyn also received multiple trade exceptions 2023 1st-rd pick was PHO own 2025 1st-rd pick is PHO own 2027 1st-rd pick is PHO own 2028 1st-rd pick is a right to swap 2029 1st-rd pick is PHO own 2028 2nd-rd pick is MIL own 2029 2nd-rd pick is MIL own

June 22, 2023: Traded cash and a 2030 2nd round draft pick to the Orlando Magic for Andre Jackson. 2030 2nd-rd pick is MIL own

September 27, 2023: As part of a 3-team trade, the Milwaukee Bucks traded Jrue Holiday, a 2028 1st round draft pick, a 2029 1st round draft pick and a 2030 1st round draft pick to the Portland Trail Blazers; the Milwaukee Bucks traded Grayson Allen to the Phoenix Suns; the Phoenix Suns traded Deandre Ayton and Toumani Camara to the Portland Trail Blazers; the Portland Trail Blazers traded Damian Lillard to the Milwaukee Bucks; and the Portland Trail Blazers traded Keon Johnson, Nassir Little and Jusuf Nurkic to the Phoenix Suns. 2029 1st-rd pick is MIL own 2028 1st-rd pick is a swap 2030 1st-rd pick is a swap
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,816

Post#11 » by paulpressey25 » Tue May 28, 2024 10:18 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:These are the trades that Horst has made. There's nothing here that makes me believe in him as a guy who will win a trade. That Jae Crowder trade is a friggin disaster. That's worse than the Donte trade. I can't knock the PJ trade. It did what it needed to do. Everything else is meh at best.

In fairness, he started in summer of 2017 and made the Bledsoe deal that fall. That was a really good trade on his part.It was Monroe and a lotto protected 1st.

And he did inherit a mess from Hammond and Kidd from the two years prior that he had to work out of, many times by attaching draft picks.

Crap contracts: Delly, Telly, Plumlee, Monroe, Henson and Larry Sanders.

And this was coming off Kidd dealing all those picks for Grevis Vasquez and the drafting of Thon.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 5,172

Post#12 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue May 28, 2024 11:12 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:These are the trades that Horst has made. There's nothing here that makes me believe in him as a guy who will win a trade. That Jae Crowder trade is a friggin disaster. That's worse than the Donte trade. I can't knock the PJ trade. It did what it needed to do. Everything else is meh at best.

--

December 7, 2018: As part of a 3-team trade, the Milwaukee Bucks traded Matthew Dellavedova, John Henson, a 2021 2nd round draft pick (Sandro Mamukelashvili was later selected) and a 2022 1st round draft pick (MarJon Beauchamp was later selected) to the Cleveland Cavaliers; the Cleveland Cavaliers traded George Hill and a 2021 2nd round draft pick (Greg Brown III was later selected) to the Milwaukee Bucks; the Cleveland Cavaliers traded Sam Dekker to the Washington Wizards; the Washington Wizards traded a 2022 2nd round draft pick (Bryce McGowens was later selected) to the Cleveland Cavaliers; and the Washington Wizards traded Jason Smith and cash to the Milwaukee Bucks. 2021 2nd-rd pick is WAS own, protections were removed from previously traded WAS 2020 2nd-rd pick Top-14 protected in 2021, conveyed in 2022 2021 2nd-rd pick is MIL own 2022 2nd-rd pick is WAS own

February 7, 2019: As part of a 3-team trade, the Milwaukee Bucks traded Jason Smith, a 2019 2nd round draft pick (Jordan Bone was later selected), a 2020 2nd round draft pick (Elijah Hughes was later selected), a 2020 2nd round draft pick (Sam Merrill was later selected) and a 2021 2nd round draft pick (Greg Brown III was later selected) to the New Orleans Pelicans; the Milwaukee Bucks traded Thon Maker to the Detroit Pistons; the Detroit Pistons traded Stanley Johnson to the New Orleans Pelicans; and the New Orleans Pelicans traded Nikola Mirotić to the Milwaukee Bucks. (Pick is DEN's 2019 second-round pick, top-55 protected.) (Pick is WAS's 2020 second-round pick.) 2021 2nd-rd pick is WAS own

June 20, 2019: Traded Kevin Porter Jr. and Tony Snell to the Detroit Pistons for Jon Leuer.

July 6, 2019: Traded Malcolm Brogdon to the Indiana Pacers for a 2020 1st round draft pick (R.J. Hampton was later selected), a 2022 2nd round draft pick (Max Christie was later selected) and a 2025 2nd round draft pick. Conditional 2021 2nd-rd pick is IND own, conveyed in 2022

November 18, 2020: Traded a 2025 2nd round draft pick to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Ilkan Karaman. 2025 2nd-rd pick is MIL's own

November 18, 2020: Traded a 2022 2nd round draft pick (Max Christie was later selected) and a 2026 2nd round draft pick to the Orlando Magic for a 2020 2nd round draft pick (Jordan Nwora was later selected). 2026 2nd-rd pick is MIL own 2022 2nd-rd pick is IND own and could have been either 2022, 2023, or 2024

November 23, 2020: As part of a 4-team trade, the Milwaukee Bucks traded George Hill to the Oklahoma City Thunder; the Milwaukee Bucks traded Eric Bledsoe, a 2024 1st round draft pick, a 2025 1st round draft pick, a 2026 1st round draft pick and a 2027 1st round draft pick to the New Orleans Pelicans; the Milwaukee Bucks traded R.J. Hampton to the Denver Nuggets; the Denver Nuggets traded a 2023 1st round draft pick (Nick Smith Jr. was later selected) to the Oklahoma City Thunder; the New Orleans Pelicans traded Jrue Holiday and Sam Merrill to the Milwaukee Bucks; the New Orleans Pelicans traded Zylan Cheatham, Joshia Gray, Darius Miller, Kenrich Williams, a 2023 2nd round draft pick (Hunter Tyson was later selected) and a 2024 2nd round draft pick to the Oklahoma City Thunder; and the Oklahoma City Thunder traded Steven Adams to the New Orleans Pelicans. New Orleans acquires right to swap 2024 1st-rd pick with Milwaukee 2025 1st-rd pick is MIL own New Orleans acquires right to swap 2026 1st-rd pick with Milwaukee 2027 1st-rd pick is MIL own 2023 top-14 protected 1st-rd pick was DEN own 2023 2nd-rd pick was WAS own 2024 2nd-rd pick is CHO own

March 18, 2021: Traded Torrey Craig to the Phoenix Suns for cash. Milwaukee also received a trade exception

March 19, 2021: Traded D.J. Augustin, D.J. Wilson, a 2021 1st round draft pick (Josh Christopher was later selected) and a 2023 1st round draft pick (Kobe Brown was later selected) to the Houston Rockets for Rodions Kurucs, P.J. Tucker, a 2021 2nd round draft pick (Isaiah Todd was later selected) and a 2022 1st round draft pick (MarJon Beauchamp was later selected). 2021 2nd-rd pick is HOU own Conditional 2022 1st-rd draft pick is MIL own and Milwaukee also receives a trade exception Conditional 2021 1st-rd pick is MIL own 2023 1st-rd pick was MIL own and Houston also receives a trade exception

July 30, 2021: Traded Isaiah Todd to the Indiana Pacers for Georgios Kalaitzakis, Sandro Mamukelashvili, a 2024 2nd round draft pick and a 2026 2nd round draft pick. 2024 2nd-rd pick is more favorable 2026 2nd-rd pick is more favorable

August 7, 2021: Traded Sam Merrill to the Memphis Grizzlies for Grayson Allen and cash. Memphis also received a trade exception Milwaukee also received a trade exception

February 10, 2022: As part of a 4-team trade, the Milwaukee Bucks traded Donte DiVincenzo to the Sacramento Kings; the Milwaukee Bucks traded Rodney Hood and Semi Ojeleye to the Los Angeles Clippers; the Detroit Pistons traded a 2023 2nd round draft pick (Isaiah Wong was later selected) and a 2024 2nd round draft pick to the Milwaukee Bucks; the Detroit Pistons traded Josh Jackson and Trey Lyles to the Sacramento Kings; the Los Angeles Clippers traded Serge Ibaka and cash to the Milwaukee Bucks; the Los Angeles Clippers traded David Michineau to the Sacramento Kings; the Sacramento Kings traded Marvin Bagley III to the Detroit Pistons; and the Sacramento Kings traded Vanja Marinkovic to the Los Angeles Clippers. 2024 2nd-rd pick is SAC own

February 9, 2023: As part of a 4-team trade, the Milwaukee Bucks traded George Hill, Serge Ibaka, Jordan Nwora, a 2023 2nd round draft pick (Isaiah Wong was later selected), a 2024 2nd round draft pick and a 2025 2nd round draft pick to the Indiana Pacers; the Milwaukee Bucks traded a 2028 2nd round draft pick and a 2029 2nd round draft pick to the Brooklyn Nets; the Brooklyn Nets traded cash to the Indiana Pacers; the Brooklyn Nets traded Kevin Durant and T.J. Warren to the Phoenix Suns; the Indiana Pacers traded Juan Vaulet to the Brooklyn Nets; the Phoenix Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cameron Johnson, a 2023 1st round draft pick (Noah Clowney was later selected), a 2025 1st round draft pick, a 2027 1st round draft pick, a 2028 1st round draft pick and a 2029 1st round draft pick to the Brooklyn Nets; and the Phoenix Suns traded Jae Crowder to the Milwaukee Bucks. 2023 2nd-rd pick was CLE own 2024 2nd-rd pick is MIL own 2025 2nd-rd pick is IND own Brooklyn also received multiple trade exceptions 2023 1st-rd pick was PHO own 2025 1st-rd pick is PHO own 2027 1st-rd pick is PHO own 2028 1st-rd pick is a right to swap 2029 1st-rd pick is PHO own 2028 2nd-rd pick is MIL own 2029 2nd-rd pick is MIL own

June 22, 2023: Traded cash and a 2030 2nd round draft pick to the Orlando Magic for Andre Jackson. 2030 2nd-rd pick is MIL own

September 27, 2023: As part of a 3-team trade, the Milwaukee Bucks traded Jrue Holiday, a 2028 1st round draft pick, a 2029 1st round draft pick and a 2030 1st round draft pick to the Portland Trail Blazers; the Milwaukee Bucks traded Grayson Allen to the Phoenix Suns; the Phoenix Suns traded Deandre Ayton and Toumani Camara to the Portland Trail Blazers; the Portland Trail Blazers traded Damian Lillard to the Milwaukee Bucks; and the Portland Trail Blazers traded Keon Johnson, Nassir Little and Jusuf Nurkic to the Phoenix Suns. 2029 1st-rd pick is MIL own 2028 1st-rd pick is a swap 2030 1st-rd pick is a swap

Kind of funny that, to make him look bad, you wrote up potential pick swaps as trading a 1st round pick. Made it look like we traded 4 more 1sts than we really did.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 27,163

Post#13 » by blazza18 » Tue May 28, 2024 11:52 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:June 20, 2019: Traded Kevin Porter Jr. and Tony Snell to the Detroit Pistons for Jon Leuer.

I remember this one annoying me at the time because Horst did it to salary dump the Snell contract he gave out while Detroit flipped the pick for 4 second rounders.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#14 » by SupremeHustle » Tue May 28, 2024 11:53 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:

--

Kind of funny that, to make him look bad, you wrote up potential pick swaps as trading a 1st round pick. Made it look like we traded 4 more 1sts than we really did.

Horst doesn't need my help looking bad. Also, I think it's kind of funny that you think I wrote any of that. Here ya go:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/executives/horstjo01x.html
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#15 » by SupremeHustle » Wed May 29, 2024 12:01 am

fansinceforever wrote:I would almost guarantee he copied and pasted this from sportrac or some other NBA reference site.

No, no. I just have an awesome, uhh, what's that word again? It's when you can recall things. Memorex? Memorial? Whatever.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,773

Post#16 » by raferfenix » Wed May 29, 2024 1:30 am

I wonder about the opportunity cost of Crowder being the target basically that whole season.

BrewHoop did a big analysis of the Jae saga as well as our assets + potential acquisitions before the 2023 deadline:

https://www.brewhoop.com/2023/2/2/23575356/milwaukee-bucks-trade-deadline-preview-threes-a-crowd-nba-rumors-news

Ignoring the butterfly effect with Dame...could we have competed with the Knicks' offer for Hart?

Main asset Portland got was a lottery protected 2023 first.

Bucks had a 2028 swap and 2029 first as well as Allen / MarJon who could have been put on the table without too much trouble.

Horst also chased Fred VanVleet which would have required Bobby so he likely wasn't untouchable either.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,856

Post#17 » by worthlessBucks » Wed May 29, 2024 1:36 am

Had a few great hits immediately to demonstrate how easy a job an NBA gm really is. He was fetching coffee for a total fool, so a rock would have felt like an upgrade. Naturally the central limit theorem comes into play the more transactions he makes. There are some really bad ones in there. Think Horst got a nice break from fans being championship high and drunk for a few years because some of those trades Hammond wouldn’t have done.

Bucks should have won 3 titles by the way. That blame can be spread to whomever.
Go Bucks!
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,896

Post#18 » by TroyD92 » Wed May 29, 2024 1:53 am

Dont worry guys. Grant Williams is the next Jae Crowder.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,708

Post#19 » by -Jragon- » Wed May 29, 2024 2:09 am

I think we can turn this around if we surrender to what has been Obvious in every playoff series:

1. Old/slow wings are played out. 1-4 has to be quick/fast/athletic. Being close to shooters, being physical lower so you don't get dumb fouls wins, being aggresive on switches works.. standing there, being straight up on your heels and not being intuitive and reacting on D loses.

2. Team play wins, running plays wins, inside out wins, spreading the floor drive and kick wins. 1v1 without ball movement and low IQ teams that don't know or want to move off-ball or see the extra pass loses.

Make the players race each other to keep their spot. Trade the slowest mfers. Every play Boston ran that worked on the Pacers would have worked on us even fully healthy. Tatum would have embarrassed us. I don't give a sh#t about the regular season bs game vs them where they took out their starters because they didn't care and didn't run any plays. Watch it again.. Boston didn't run any plays.. they gave so little of a sh#t that they decided to not show us their plays and let us rep against it. Then they took out the starters in like the 2nd qtr.

Fastest solution is trade Mids and Portis and get players as described and that have 1 dangerous weapon offensively-- either a drive/kick or a 3 point shot but also athletic defensively.

If we get stuck keeping Mids, make sure EVERYONE else is athletic and don't have Mids and Dame on the floor together. Someone's minutes will get reduced and that's going to cause internal problems -- trading KM solves that. I'm just trying to find solutions so we don't get embarrassed again last year. The last 2 years have been embarrassing. Fix it now
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,708

Post#20 » by -Jragon- » Wed May 29, 2024 2:12 am

TroyD92 wrote:Dont worry guys. Grant Williams is the next Jae Crowder.

8 years younger though. I'd take a 25 year old Crowder.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks