ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Darvin Returns

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,776

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#21 » by raferfenix » Wed May 29, 2024 2:14 am

Rockets most plausible potential Khris destination?

What they’d be willing to deal for him matters of course — as well as what we could get for whatever picks of theirs would be involved:

The Houston Rockets are transitioning to a win-now mode and looking to take the next step to become a playoff team after significant progress from their young core under coach Ime Udoka.

The No. 3 pick – one of five potential first-round picks the Rockets can trade this offseason in a package to land a star player – will be discussed in trade talks leading up to draft night, league sources told HoopsHype.

It’s worth noting the Rockets have already been linked as a potential suitor for Cleveland Cavaliers guard Donovan Mitchell and previously tried to acquire Brooklyn Nets swingman Mikal Bridges at the trade deadline.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/aggregate-2024-nba-mock-draft-post-combine-intel-bronny-james-to-lakers/
yb90
Pro Prospect
And1: 307

Post#22 » by yb90 » Wed May 29, 2024 2:45 am

Williams has not even entered his prime and has been better than Crowder was in his prime. If they could get Williams w/o giving up Portis then do it. I am not sure the Hornets would do it considering how great he played for them though.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 15,227

Post#23 » by JayMKE » Wed May 29, 2024 8:47 am

I doubt he’s ever better than he is now, he’s a roleplayer and will look like **** if depended on too much as most do, prime Jae is about his ceiling.
FREE GIANNIS
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 5,179

Post#24 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed May 29, 2024 11:30 am

yb90 wrote:Williams has not even entered his prime and has been better than Crowder was in his prime.

Not even close to true. Crowder had had 2.5 and 1.7 VORP seasons, Williams is .3 VORP for his career.

Williams contract is too large for his skill level.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 5,179

Post#25 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed May 29, 2024 11:35 am

-Jragon- wrote:I think we can turn this around if we surrender to what has been Obvious in every playoff series:

1. Old/slow wings are played out. 1-4 has to be quick/fast/athletic. Being close to shooters, being physical lower so you don't get dumb fouls wins, being aggresive on switches works.. standing there, being straight up on your heels and not being intuitive and reacting on D loses.

2. Team play wins, running plays wins, inside out wins, spreading the floor drive and kick wins. 1v1 without ball movement and low IQ teams that don't know or want to move off-ball or see the extra pass loses.

Make the players race each other to keep their spot. Trade the slowest mfers. Every play Boston ran that worked on the Pacers would have worked on us even fully healthy. Tatum would have embarrassed us. I don't give a sh#t about the regular season bs game vs them where they took out their starters because they didn't care and didn't run any plays. Watch it again.. Boston didn't run any plays.. they gave so little of a sh#t that they decided to not show us their plays and let us rep against it. Then they took out the starters in like the 2nd qtr.

Fastest solution is trade Mids and Portis and get players as described and that have 1 dangerous weapon offensively-- either a drive/kick or a 3 point shot but also athletic defensively.

If we get stuck keeping Mids, make sure EVERYONE else is athletic and don't have Mids and Dame on the floor together. Someone's minutes will get reduced and that's going to cause internal problems -- trading KM solves that. I'm just trying to find solutions so we don't get embarrassed again last year. The last 2 years have been embarrassing. Fix it now

Lol, to not get embarrassed in the playoffs, you want to jettison one of the games greatest playoff performers, because he's not fast enough for you?

Meanwhile, Luka is about to lead his team to the Trophy.

Again, fix the problems around Middleton.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,228

Post#26 » by BUCKnation » Wed May 29, 2024 1:48 pm

That recap definitely wasn't as bad as some are making it out to be.

Obv that Jae trade wasn't great at the time, but immediately became really awful when the new luxury tax apron rules came out.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,987

Post#27 » by Ron Swanson » Wed May 29, 2024 2:19 pm

Yeah, I have zero faith in Horst's ability to draft talent, but I don't know how you look at that history and determine that the vast majority of Horst's big trades haven't worked out perfectly (Jrue, George Hill, PJ, Bledsoe, Brogdon). Dude was way ahead of the game in realizing the fake value of pick swaps as long as he can still field a contending level team.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,268

Post#28 » by Daver » Wed May 29, 2024 2:23 pm

-Jragon- wrote:I think we can turn this around if we surrender to what has been Obvious in every playoff series:

1. Old/slow wings are played out. 1-4 has to be quick/fast/athletic. Being close to shooters, being physical lower so you don't get dumb fouls wins, being aggresive on switches works.. standing there, being straight up on your heels and not being intuitive and reacting on D loses.

2. Team play wins, running plays wins, inside out wins, spreading the floor drive and kick wins. 1v1 without ball movement and low IQ teams that don't know or want to move off-ball or see the extra pass loses.

Make the players race each other to keep their spot. Trade the slowest mfers. Every play Boston ran that worked on the Pacers would have worked on us even fully healthy. Tatum would have embarrassed us. I don't give a sh#t about the regular season bs game vs them where they took out their starters because they didn't care and didn't run any plays. Watch it again.. Boston didn't run any plays.. they gave so little of a sh#t that they decided to not show us their plays and let us rep against it. Then they took out the starters in like the 2nd qtr.

Fastest solution is trade Mids and Portis and get players as described and that have 1 dangerous weapon offensively-- either a drive/kick or a 3 point shot but also athletic defensively.

If we get stuck keeping Mids, make sure EVERYONE else is athletic and don't have Mids and Dame on the floor together. Someone's minutes will get reduced and that's going to cause internal problems -- trading KM solves that. I'm just trying to find solutions so we don't get embarrassed again last year. The last 2 years have been embarrassing. Fix it now

I always thought it was nothing but the i jury bug that has derailed us 22 no midds 23 giannis misses 4 gsmes 24 no giannis at all n a 50% dame.Would any of these series outcomes have changed if midds played vs boston (think yes there) gisnnis doesnt get hurt agsinst the heat and both giannis n dame are healthy vs indy( yes to that.
Bucks matched up very well vs boston this year boston won both games in beantown by 3 n 6 points bucks curb stomped the Cs 2xs in milwaukee.Still going to say it if healthy they are finals bound this year
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 29,038

Post#29 » by SupremeHustle » Wed May 29, 2024 2:39 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Yeah, I have zero faith in Horst's ability to draft talent, but I don't know how you look at that history and determine that the vast majority of Horst's big trades haven't worked out perfectly (Jrue, George Hill, PJ, Bledsoe, Brogdon). Dude was way ahead of the game in realizing the fake value of pick swaps as long as he can still field a contending level team.

The Brogdon deal might be his best, honestly. If you consider the circumstances. Makes you wonder how he screwed up the Donte deal so badly.

But here's the thing, you have one of the best players in the world on your small market team. You have championship aspirations. You can't afford misses. You have to win trades, even the little ones. You have to sign the right buyout guys, every time. Or you end up with a roster with Dame Lillard, Malik Beasley, Jae Crowder, Danilo Gallinari, Pat Connaughton and Marjon Beauchamp on it wondering why you can't get stops.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,856

Post#30 » by msiris » Wed May 29, 2024 2:42 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:

Lol, to not get embarrassed in the playoffs, you want to jettison one of the games greatest playoff performers, because he's not fast enough for you?

Meanwhile, Luka is about to lead his team to the Trophy.

Again, fix the problems around Middleton.
Got a point but comparing Mids to Luka is so far off.
Ride the tank
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#31 » by raferfenix » Wed May 29, 2024 2:43 pm

Doesn’t take a ton to improve a team with the Greek Freak in the athleticism department.

Get an athletic SG and get an athlete in the front court.

One or both of Brook and Bobby + #23 and #33 are traded (maybe with Pat / MarJon) to make it happen. Green and Ajax earn more mins as they develop too.

We certainly could take a bigger swing but something along these lines might be enough — at least if Dame has a better season like he’s insisting he will.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,835

Post#32 » by paulpressey25 » Wed May 29, 2024 2:46 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Yeah, I have zero faith in Horst's ability to draft talent, but I don't know how you look at that history and determine that the vast majority of Horst's big trades haven't worked out perfectly (Jrue, George Hill, PJ, Bledsoe, Brogdon). Dude was way ahead of the game in realizing the fake value of pick swaps as long as he can still field a contending level team.

The Brogdon deal might be his best, honestly. If you consider the circumstances. Makes you wonder how he screwed up the Donte deal so badly.

But here's the thing, you have one of the best players in the world on your small market team. You have championship aspirations. You can't afford misses. You have to win trades, even the little ones. You have to sign the right buyout guys, every time. Or you end up with a roster with Dame Lillard, Malik Beasley, Jae Crowder, Danilo Gallinari, Pat Connaughton and Marjon Beauchamp on it wondering why you can't get stops.

I’m as frustrated on the roster as you are. At the same time, we’re missing his two best moves. By all accounts he has a great relationship with Giannis, and worked two extensions with him.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,982

Post#33 » by machu46 » Wed May 29, 2024 2:49 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:

The Donte one has aged insanely bad (and already wasn't good at the time), but it was really unfortunate timing with everything that happened.

Had the sign-and-trade lined up for Bogdanovic and the league basically disallowed it/Bogdanovic blew it up. And then Donte proceeded to play like someone that would be in Europe the following year and completely demolished his own trade value. Still probably should have gotten something better than Ibaka or simply kept Donte and prayed he learned how to play basketball again, but he was unbelievably bad that season and we were seemingly desperate for some size with Brook's back being an issue.

I think the Nikola Mirotic trade was a good idea at the time too (and if I recall correctly, was pretty much unanimously praised). Just ultimately panned out horrifically in the playoffs and then he decided to go back to Spain.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 29,038

Post#34 » by SupremeHustle » Wed May 29, 2024 2:51 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:

I’m as frustrated on the roster as you are. At the same time, we’re missing his two best moves. By all accounts he has a great relationship with Giannis, and worked two extensions with him.

Yes. Great, great point. You're right.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,985

Post#35 » by Brewhoopfan » Wed May 29, 2024 2:52 pm

There's only 1 ball.

When the Bucks are fully healthy, Middleton is option #3. Paying a wing $31 million to space the floor is crazy, especially when his defense is average at best. Middleton operates best with the ball in his hands, which means he's simply not a good fit anymore for the Bucks. The great news for Bucks fans is Middleton's playoff performance was great which means he still has value even at his current age and salary.

Luka and Kyrie are 1a and 1b. Giannis and Dame are 1a and 1b. The Mavs will be playing in the finals starting Derrick Jones Jr on the wing...
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,820

Post#36 » by RogerMurdock » Wed May 29, 2024 2:57 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I think they should trade Giannis.

Now I know why they call you ReasonablySober.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,987

Post#37 » by Ron Swanson » Wed May 29, 2024 3:00 pm

Minus some total clarity on whether we can aggregate salaries since I'm not bothering with trying to understand the new tax rules, this seems like the deal you pursue if we're hard-capped.

MIL Out: Brook, #23, #33
MIL In: Bruce Brown, #12

TOR Out: Bruce Brown
TOR In: #23

OKC Out: #12
OKC In: Brook, #33

Perfect $23 million in salary matching. Toronto gets another 1st out of the Siakam deal, and OKC gets the perfect starting C to beef up their frontcourt while punting on adding another late lotto pick to their roster crunch.
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#38 » by raferfenix » Wed May 29, 2024 3:00 pm

I had forgotten about Donte accusing the Kings of artificially limiting his mins to keep his salary down.

He might have been a maniac locker room problem around then.

Doesn’t mean we (or Sacramento) made the right call bailing rather than using his RFA rights.

But that guy went from the Bogdan trade to the team winning a ring without him to Hollinger saying he was worth $25 mill while the Bucks acquired and extended Allen as he had another injury riddled season. Very plausible he wasn’t in his right mind before the Warriors and then his Villanova buddies got him back on track.

However I do think we could have prevented the Donte situation from spiraling — especially since we could have used the money we allocated to Allen to keep PJ instead.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,571

Post#39 » by Milbucks96 » Wed May 29, 2024 3:25 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:There's only 1 ball.

When the Bucks are fully healthy, Middleton is option #3. Paying a wing $31 million to space the floor is crazy, especially when his defense is average at best. Middleton operates best with the ball in his hands, which means he's simply not a good fit anymore for the Bucks. The great news for Bucks fans is Middleton's playoff performance was great which means he still has value even at his current age and salary.

Luka and Kyrie are 1a and 1b. Giannis and Dame are 1a and 1b. The Mavs will be playing in the finals starting Derrick Jones Jr on the wing...

So does Dame, so does Giannis, so does Bobby, so does Brook. There’s just no evidence that Khris is a bad fit. Teams will always benefit from having more playmakers and shot creators come playoff time. It’s the most important skill.

Nobody on this team can play the Luka role, it’s not even a good comparison or thing to strive for with our top guys.
MiltownMadness
Veteran
And1: 1,355

Post#40 » by MiltownMadness » Wed May 29, 2024 3:45 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:There's only 1 ball.

Besides the fact we saw time and time again just this past season how the offense/team struggled without Khris, and then when you added Khris to the mix we would be basically unstoppable offensively. Khris isn't going anywhere, so the great news is that Khris is only 32 and we can still ride him until the wheels fall off.

Wolves are paying KAT 50 m/yr for.....? and are in the WCF while knocking off the unstoppable Denver, I think we can survive with playoff Khris at 31/yr

Return to Milwaukee Bucks