OT: TV and Movies

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36,537

Re: OT: TV and Movies 

Post#1761 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jul 4, 2024 7:39 pm

Against all odds, the new Beverly Hills movie isn't bad. Not at the level of the first or second, but well above that abomination of a third. It's predictable, the action is honestly kind of tedious, but it was nice to see the gang back together. Using the iconic soundtrack from the first two movies absolutely helped a ton. 7/10.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 6,076

Post#1762 » by jschligs » Fri Jul 5, 2024 4:43 am

Season 3 of The Bear reminded me a lot of season 3 of Ted Lasso. Breaking off from the main script and story line for multiple episodes around the smaller characters.

There were moments of the season that were great, had me wanting to more. But there was a lot of time where I felt I wasn’t getting enough of the main plot, and is right in line with was RS said. Seemed like filler to stretch another season.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,883

Post#1763 » by Licensed to Il » Fri Jul 5, 2024 5:04 am

Ive always thrown out “Armageddon” or “Con Air” as the ultimate summer 90’s summer blockbuster. But tonight we watched “Independence Day” and I think it deserves the crown.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,427

Post#1764 » by midranger » Fri Jul 5, 2024 9:03 am

Licensed to Il wrote:Ive always thrown out “Armageddon” or “Con Air” as the ultimate summer 90’s summer blockbuster. But tonight we watched “Independence Day” and I think it deserves the crown.

Definitely. That, or Jurassic Park.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,211

Post#1765 » by BUCKnation » Fri Jul 5, 2024 11:29 am

jschligs wrote:Season 3 of The Bear reminded me a lot of season 3 of Ted Lasso. Breaking off from the main script and story line for multiple episodes around the smaller characters.

There were moments of the season that were great, had me wanting to more. But there was a lot of time where I felt I wasn’t getting enough of the main plot, and is right in line with was RS said. Seemed like filler to stretch another season.

Yeah, this season could have easily been done like 5-6 episodes. Some of the slow, filler-y stuff worked, some didn’t, but the lack of forward progress was frustrating at times.

I felt like Cicero was a good proxy for the audience.

Spoiler:
Carmy get your s*** together and where the f*** is this review. :lol:
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,980

Post#1766 » by machu46 » Fri Jul 5, 2024 1:04 pm

jschligs wrote:Season 3 of The Bear reminded me a lot of season 3 of Ted Lasso. Breaking off from the main script and story line for multiple episodes around the smaller characters.

Makes sense because the creator said they were forced to stretch the final season into two seasons so this is only the first half of the final season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,920

Post#1767 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Jul 5, 2024 1:45 pm

I enjoyed season 3 quite a bit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I was going to watch 1-2 eps a week but I went through it pretty quick.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,980

Post#1768 » by machu46 » Fri Jul 5, 2024 3:10 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I enjoyed season 3 quite a bit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I was going to watch 1-2 eps a week but I went through it pretty quick.

We have a few left and I’ve heard the finale was disappointing but I’ve enjoyed it a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,919

Post#1769 » by KidA24 » Fri Jul 5, 2024 5:49 pm

midranger wrote:
Licensed to Il wrote:Ive always thrown out “Armageddon” or “Con Air” as the ultimate summer 90’s summer blockbuster. But tonight we watched “Independence Day” and I think it deserves the crown.

I think it's Jurassic Park & Independence Day, but MIB or T2 might be third on my list.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,939

Post#1770 » by engelmartin » Fri Jul 5, 2024 5:53 pm

KidA24 wrote:
midranger wrote:

I think it's Jurassic Park & Independence Day, but MIB or T2 might be third on my list.

I watched Armageddon yesterday, and that movie is just pure terrible slog. Doesn’t belong in the conversation at all.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
KidA24
General Manager

Post#1771 » by KidA24 » Fri Jul 5, 2024 6:17 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Against all odds, the new Beverly Hills movie isn't bad. Not at the level of the first or second, but well above that abomination of a third. It's predictable, the action is honestly kind of tedious, but it was nice to see the gang back together. Using the iconic soundtrack from the first two movies absolutely helped a ton. 7/10.

My only disappointment was the helicopter scene.

I thought for sure they should've gone with the Airwolf opening music, because 80's. Yes, I'm weird.

Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant

Post#1772 » by Licensed to Il » Sat Jul 6, 2024 12:00 am

engelmartin wrote:
KidA24 wrote:
midranger wrote:Definitely. That, or Jurassic Park.

I watched Armageddon yesterday, and that movie is just pure terrible slog. Doesn’t belong in the conversation at all.

When I said “ultimate 90s summer movie” I didn’t mean best, I meant the ones with the most period features and cliches. Armageddon does suck. But I included it because: soundtrack, ensemble, release date, stunts, etx.
KidA24
General Manager

Post#1773 » by KidA24 » Sat Jul 6, 2024 2:10 am

Licensed to Il wrote:
engelmartin wrote:
KidA24 wrote:

When I said “ultimate 90s summer movie” I didn’t mean best, I meant the ones with the most period features and cliches. Armageddon does suck. But I included it because: soundtrack, ensemble, release date, stunts, etx.

Oooh. Caveats.

I might say The Rock then.

Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant

Post#1774 » by Licensed to Il » Sat Jul 6, 2024 5:39 am

The Bear Season 3

Spoiler:
I still love this show, but criticisms that half the season felt like filler, there were too many flashbacks, and the finale was weak are all legit. I still enjoy the show, Im looking forward to the final season, and my rationale for this course is that character driven shows require character development. I love the Chicago scenery. I love the music. I love the main theme of “evolution.” I love the diversity. I love the acting. There were about three episodes this season that were excellent. The rest felt like a let down. Im looking forward to some of the answers to the questions this season asked.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 42,278

Post#1775 » by Prez » Sat Jul 6, 2024 4:54 pm

Longlegs seems like the absolute perfect movie for me. I'm sure it says something not great about me but always love the dark, **** up horror/thriller about the pursuit of a serial killer...Se7en, Silence of the Lambs, Zodiac, Prisoners, etc. If this movie falls flat my disappointment will be immeasurable lol
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,920

Post#1776 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Jul 6, 2024 5:23 pm

Vikings Valhalla final season (3) drops Thursday. I've enjoyed both Vikings series.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,544

Post#1777 » by humanrefutation » Mon Jul 8, 2024 4:26 pm

Is anyone here watching HOTD? The last episode was bonkers.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36,537

Post#1778 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jul 8, 2024 4:31 pm

humanrefutation wrote:Is anyone here watching HOTD? The last episode was bonkers.

Extremely good ****.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,835

Post#1779 » by jimmybones » Mon Jul 8, 2024 5:35 pm

Yes, that last HOTD was top tier!

Spoiler:
Is Aegon dead? Seemed like Aemond was going to finish the job until Cole showed up.

Cole sucks.

Daemon's crazy little side quest is kinda fun.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,949

Post#1780 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Jul 8, 2024 6:21 pm

jimmybones wrote:Yes, that last HOTD was top tier!

Spoiler:
Is Aegon dead? Seemed like Aemond was going to finish the job until Cole showed up.

Cole sucks.

Daemon's crazy little side quest is kinda fun.

Spoiler:
I know GoT logic has resulted in major characters surviving worse predicaments, but I think it'd already be a major jump the shark moment if that didn't kill him. And yes, Cole sucks lol. But I imagine we're already seeing the factions within the houses being split and that's what's going to make the rest of the season interesting.

Cole saw how **** bringing the dragons into war is (nuclear weapons parallel), so it's gonna be fun to see how him and Alicent try and influence things now that they're the only two who seem to regret what they helped unleash. Aegon was useless but not without good intentions. Aemond on the other hand, is clearly a psychopath bent on power and revenge. I thought it was a little weird that there wasn't much build up in him being so ready to kill his brother, but I guess that's kinda the point. Daemon and Aemond are basically the same, i.e. power hungry opportunists/narcissists who feel that they should have been king instead of their brother. The Harrenhal castle dream scene was foreshadowing that. (

Return to Milwaukee Bucks