ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Darvin Returns

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,753

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Darvin Returns 

Post#1881 » by Frank Nova » Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:51 pm

Might as well start dangling that coveted 2031 1st in trade talks. With this draft, our team entering the new decade should be fresh off multiple championships. Talk about optimism amirite?
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 15,199

Post#1882 » by JayMKE » Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:01 pm

What are out options for vet min signings?
FREE GIANNIS
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,854

Post#1883 » by msiris » Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:12 pm

Frank Nova wrote:Might as well start dangling that coveted 2031 1st in trade talks. With this draft, our team entering the new decade should be fresh off multiple championships. Talk about optimism amirite?
No quality starting sg. No back up wings and no back up center. Cap room only for crappy minimum vets and one guy who should be one (Pat.C) 4 young guys who will be rotating to GLeague all season. The big three will be playing alot in the regular season then one gets hurt in the playoffs and we ?ose in the 1st round again. Yipeeeeeeee.
Ride the tank
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,707

Post#1884 » by Rockmaninoff » Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:18 pm

JayMKE wrote:What are out options for vet min signings?

If you want defense...

Jordan McLaughlin
Pat Bev
Hamidou Diallo
Delon Wright
Robert Covington
Dario Saric
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
slos
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#1885 » by slos » Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:57 pm

Bucks will be at 187 mil with 12 contracts after they sign their rookies and will only have 2.5 mil breathing space under the 2nd tax apron.

Lillard.........Jackson...........Johnson
Green..........Beauchamp......XXX
Middleton.....Connaughton.....Livingston
Giannis........XXX................Smith
Lopez..........Portis.............XXX

I guess that Bucks will sign three vets, but will try to unload a couple of contracts in the deadline with cash to avoid the 2nd tax apron and create some open spots for buyout players.

Some other points after the draft:

1. Obviously I know nothing about Johnson and Smith, but loved the direction of collecting teenagers with physical tools and high ceiling to work with.
2. Bucks didn't need 22-23 y/o NBA ready rookies. They already have that between AJJ/MarJon/Green in the 23-25 y/o range. Time to play them.
3. I'm happy that Horst didn't make a stupid trade and gave this group another chance. This time with some proper coaching from the first day.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,780

Post#1886 » by CharityStripe34 » Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:58 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:In KOC's Hidden Gems column:

Bruce Brown Jr., Raptors wing
Contract: One year, $23 million team option

Brown is a former Hidden Gem who won a title and now belongs in the Proven Veteran category. League sources expect the Raptors to pick up Brown’s option this summer and then look to trade him, which comes as no surprise considering he will be 28 next season and the Raptors are rebuilding. Brown is a super versatile defender, a tone-setter, a rebounder, and a scrappy do-it-all maestro on offense. Every team should want Bruce Brown.

Dream fit: Milwaukee. There are rumblings that the Bucks would like to play a more versatile style of defense next season, which raises the question of whether Brook Lopez has a future there. Trading Brook Lopez for Brown is a perfect match of salaries, and then the Raptors could flip Lopez elsewhere. The amount of screening and cutting Brown could do in support of Giannis Antetokounmpo and Damian Lillard would be glorious to watch.
Funny since we could've had Brown in 2023 for almost the same money we gave Ingles's corpse.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using RealGM mobile app
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
benultimate
Bench Warmer
And1: 899

Post#1887 » by benultimate » Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:10 am

If Horst isn't trading Brook or Bobby then surely at the very least he's got to ship out Connaughton for multiple smaller contracts to flesh out the rotation, even if its a lateral move. We have enough young wings now to step in to Pat's role.

Seth Curry + whatever from Charlotte
Vezenkov + whatever from Toronto
Bring back Jevon Carter from the Bulls
Any of the low salary guys from the Spurs they don't want, if they'd prefer Pat's leadership
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 27,163

Post#1888 » by blazza18 » Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:17 am

There is maybe one guy (Andre) that Horst has drafted that will be in our rotation next season.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,639

Post#1889 » by tski1972 » Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:19 am

The fear the Bucks are running it back with the same team that never clicked is real.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,472

Post#1890 » by rilamann » Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:27 am

Jon Horst is going to do a remix of Nas & Lauryn Hill's hit If I ruled the world.

Horst's version will be called If I Drafted a Rotation Player (Imagine That).
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,773

Post#1891 » by raferfenix » Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:27 am

We just can’t come back for another season with no starting caliber shooting guard or reliable backup wings behind Middleton.

Even if we’re high on some of the kids you just can’t bank on them that much and expect to win a chip.

Solving it at the deadline worked for Horst once but otherwise not so much too.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,261

Post#1892 » by Daver » Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:29 am

tski1972 wrote:The fear the Bucks are running it back with the same team that never clicked is real.

Think you need more than what 30 games to click.JMO they played together only 13 games.See what a full TC does with all 3 healthy n doc can actually impliment his system.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,883

Post#1893 » by Licensed to Il » Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:33 am

I feel the Bucks top four are good enough to win a title, but our 6-9 guys are suspect. But that’s really nothing a Bobby and Pat (and future picks) series of trades can’t fix. Just musing… for years we would obsess over how we were going to get elite guys. Now we have them. So the eval of where our team sits on draft night, is way different.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,491

Post#1894 » by M-C-G » Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:38 am

blazza18 wrote:There is maybe one guy (Andre) that Horst has drafted that will be in our rotation next season.

True but he has only drafted in the first 4 times and DJ Wilson was in his second week on the job as I recall. He also turned nothing burger assets into Grayson Allen, Mirotic and Crowder. The last two just really didn’t work out.

I’d like to see a more consistent draft philosophy, because when we do pick it feels all over the place. I’d probably lean toward one win/play now piece and one prospect in each draft but who knows what else is in the pipeline for moves. One thing is clear, it doesn’t seem that getting a win/play now draft pick is very important to Horst and that probably aligns to what Doc wants too, vets.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,925

Post#1895 » by SirChurros » Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:10 am

tski1972 wrote:The fear the Bucks are running it back with the same team that never clicked is real.

It’s a very real fear.
German Athens
Sixth Man
And1: 1,246

Post#1896 » by German Athens » Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:00 am

From the trade board:

Mke: Sharpe, DFS
Okc: Brook
Bkn: ‘25 Mia 1st

How do we feel about this?

I’d then move Bobby for a 2, and possibly be able to use the tpmle.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,920

Post#1897 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:24 am

I'm not going to Fear the Deer running it 100% back until I see the roster on opening night. Long way to go until late October.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,805

Post#1898 » by Profound23 » Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:28 am

MickeyDavis wrote:I'm not going to Fear the Deer running it 100% back until I see the roster on opening night. Long way to go until late October.

I don't have a problem with running it back minus a few small moves. Stay healthy and we can win with consistency and familiarity. Last season the problem was too much change and too many injuries.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,773

Post#1899 » by raferfenix » Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:19 am

What new trade possibilities might there be post-draft?

At a glance:

1. Kings picked yet another wing and just traded two 2nds to save money. Vivek may just be cheap. Or they opened up the tpmle. Or…they’re prepping for a bigger move.

2. Trailblazers traded for Deni. Jerami Grant and Thybulle remain in an even more crowded wing rotation.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,700

Post#1900 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:35 am

Does swapping Thanasis for Kostas count as running it back?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”

Return to Milwaukee Bucks